Choosing the best kidney stone hospital for comprehensive treatment can be a vital task in every individual’s life as everyone is in need of health care at some point or another. The kidney stone hospital in Chennai specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of various kidney problems.
They offer a broad range of treatments with the kidney stone specialist in Chennai who performs clinical trials and handles all parts of treatment including early intervention, dialysis support, and transplant.
It is the passion and dedication of the surgeons to provide the best of service besides innovative treatment to patients who are experiencing pain and discomfort because of different kidney diseases like kidney stones, kidney infections, kidney cysts, etc.
However, if you wish to get the quality health care you can approach the best kidney stone removal hospital in Chennai like Vinita Health Hospital. Moreover, the labs, wards, and operation theatres are well equipped with the latest technology and medical equipment, and also the infrastructure has been designed for the patients to feel comfortable during the treatment.
What are Kidney Stones?
Kidney stones are stone-like, hard deposits made of salts, minerals and other chemicals present in the urine. This condition is called renal calculi, urolithiasis or nephrolithiasis. Although these deposits are mainly formed in the kidneys, they also affect the other parts of the urinary tract including the urinary bladder, urethra and ureters.
Passing kidney stones can be quite painful but it doesn’t cause any permanent damage. The main causes of kidney stones can be an unhealthy diet, obesity, certain medical conditions, and supplements or medications. Consulting with the best kidney stone specialist in Chennai can help you recognize the issue in a timely manner.
Depending on the situation, you may need to take pain medication and drink lots of water to pass the kidney stone naturally. If it doesn’t help, you have to consult with the best kidney stone hospital in Chennai like Vinita Health Hospital to get prompt and preventive treatment.
When Should You Seek Medical Help?
As you must be aware of, kidney stones usually don’t cause any symptoms until it moves around within the kidney or passes into one of the ureters. The ureters are the tubes connecting the kidney and bladder.
If the kidney stone gets lodged in the ureters, it may block the urine flow and cause the kidney to swell and the ureter to spasm making the pain severe. At that point of time, you will have to look for the best kidney stone hospital in Chennai as you may experience symptoms like,
- Irresistible pain in the back and side, below the ribs
- Pain in the groin and lower abdomen
- Pain or burning sensation while urinating
- Pink, brown or red urine
- Cloudy or foul-smelling urine
- Persistent need to urinate
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fever and chills
If you experience any of these symptoms it is must to approach the best kidney stone hospital in Chennai to get a proper treatment so that the signs you experience may not worry you.
Diagnosis for Kidney Stones
If your doctor suspects that you have a kidney stone, you will have to undergo diagnostic tests and procedures in the kidney stone hospital in Chennai, such as:
- Blood Test – It reveals too much calcium or uric acid in the blood. Blood test results monitor kidney health and may lead the kidney removal stone hospital in Chennai to check for other medical conditions.
- Urine Test – This test shows you are excreting too few stone-preventing substances or too many stone-forming minerals. For this test, the specialist from the kidney stone removal hospital in Chennai may perform two urine collections over two consecutive days.
- Imaging Test – Imaging tests show kidney stones in the urinary tract. High-speed or dual-energy CT may reveal tiny stones. Also, simple abdominal x-rays are included in the kidney stone hospital in Chennai to check the missed small kidney stones. Besides that, a non-invasive test, ultrasound is also used as another imaging option to diagnose kidney stones.
- Analysis of Passed Stones – Your doctor may ask you to urinate through a strainer to catch the stones you pass while urinating. Lab analysis will be performed in the best kidney stone hospital in Chennai to determine what’s causing the kidney stones and the treatment plan is designed accordingly to prevent more kidney stones.
Treatment Procedures for Kidney Stones
The treatment for kidney stones keeps varying depending on the type of stone and the cause. For small stones, invasive treatments are not required to be given by the best kidney stone hospital in Chennai. Instead, you will be asked to,
- Drink more water to stay hydrated and produce clear urine
- Include pain relievers like ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, and others) or (Aleve) naproxen sodium to overcome pain or discomfort.
- Seek a doctor’s help for medical expulsive therapy with alpha blockers. This type of medication can relax the muscles in the ureter and help pass the kidney stone more quickly and with minimal pain. Examples of alpha blockers are tamsulosin (Flomax) and drug combination tamsulosin and dutasteride (Jalyn).
On the other hand, for large stones, it requires more extensive treatment procedures from the best kidney stone hospital in Chennai that include:
Using Sound Waves to Break the Stones
The extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) uses sound waves to create shock waves or vibrations that break the stones into tiny pieces which can be passed in your urine. This procedure in the best kidney stone hospital lasts about 45 – 60 minutes causing moderate pain, blood in the urine, around the kidney and other adjacent joints.
Surgical Procedure to Remove Large Stones
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy is used in the kidney stone specialist hospital in Chennai. This procedure involves removing kidney stones using small telescopes and instruments by inserting these instruments through a small incision in your back. Your kidney specialist in the kidney stone hospital in Chennai may recommend this surgery if ESWL is unsuccessful.
Using a Scope to Remove Stones
A thin tube called ureteroscope equipped with a camera is inserted through your urethra and bladder to your ureter. This procedure is used in the kidney stone hospital in Chennai to break the stones into pieces using special tools. Also, a stent is placed in the ureter to relieve swelling and promote healing.
Parathyroid Gland Surgery
The overactive parathyroid glands cause some calcium phosphate stones . These parathyroid glands are located on the four corners of the thyroid gland just below your Adam’s apple. When it produces too much parathyroid hormone, kidney stone formation may be too high. The kidney stone specialist hospital in Chennai recommends a surgical treatment to remove the growth of the gland to stop kidney formation.
Prevention of kidney stones includes a combination of medications from the best kidney stone hospital in Chennai and lifestyle changes of an individual such as drinking water the entire day, eating fewer oxalate-rich foods, choosing a diet low in animal protein and salt, intaking more of calcium-rich foods but use caution with calcium supplements.
Thus, approaching the best kidney stone hospital in Chennai like Vinita Health Hospital can be the right choice to get an appropriate treatment. The kidney stone specialists here from several areas work as a multidisciplinary team to diagnose and treat your kidney stone disease so that you can receive the most comprehensive care possible.
Read also Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in Chennai