The department of diabetic foot care at Vinita Health Hospital has all sophisticated diagnostic facilities to find out foot diseases well in advance. The diabetic foot specialist in Chennai provides exemplary care for foot health or illnesses focused on patient-centric treatment and evidence-based individual therapy. We have well-trained and educated diabetic foot specialists here who are highly experienced in dealing with various types of foot problems besides managing non healing diabetic foot ulcers.
This best diabetic foot care hospital in Chennai follows a multi-disciplinary approach to offer assessment, counseling and management services relating to all the foot problems including management of chronic diabetic foot ulcer.
What is Diabetic Foot Care?
Diabetes often causes damage to several parts of the human body, including the feet known as ‘Diabetic Foot’. About 15% of diabetic patients are prone to foot ulcers. It can lead to major complications when left untreated because in severe cases, the doctor may cut off or amputate toes, different parts or whole of your foot, and even an entire leg.
It is said that after trauma, the most common cause of amputation of the lower limb is diabetes. If you visit the best diabetic foot care hospital in Chennai like Vinita Health Hospital, the podiatrists can help with an appropriate treatment to keep the feet healthy and possibly prevent amputation.
What are the Warning Signs of Foot Problems?
It’s is significant to recognize these early warning signs of foot problems that include:
- Tingling, burning or painful feet
- Minor changes in the shape or color of the feet
- Loss of sensation to sensory actions
- Unexpected hair loss on toes, feet, or lower legs
- Yellowing and thickening of the toe nails
- Red spots, sores, blisters, ulcers, ingrown toenails or infected corns
If you come across any of these symptoms, visit Vinita Health Hospital as this best diabetic foot care hospital in Chennai to get a comprehensive diabetic foot care treatment.
What Gets a Diabetic Foot?
You have to check with the best diabetic foot care hospital in Chennai if you want to know the e various risk factors of diabetic foot as it can vary from person to person. Some of them include:
- If a person is aged above 40
- If a person is obese than usual weight
- If a person has high cholesterol
- If a person has high blood pressure
- If a person has difficulty to manage blood sugar level
When there are possible risks as mentioned above, it is always better to visit the best diabetic foot care hospital in Chennai and consult with the best diabetic foot specialist in Chennai as he/she will identify the initial stage of risk, and provide treatment plans or foot care therapy using cutting-edge technology.
Who is a Diabetic Foot Specialist?
A Podiatrist or a diabetic foot specialist plays a vital part in the diabetes health care team. The diabetic foot specialist in Chennai is specially trained to assess the nerve damage in your feet, besides identifying the specific foot health risks and aiding you with the best treatment plan for prevention.
Why is foot care important?
Assuming you have diabetes, nerve harm, dissemination issues, and contaminations can prompt serious foot issues. In any case, you can avoid potential risk to keep up with solid feet.
Dealing with your diabetes and keeping a solid way of life helps keep your feet sound. This ought to include:
- standard clinical tests, including foot checks at each visit and really looking at your ABCs (A1c, blood pressure, and cholesterol)
- checking your glucose day to day
- ordinary activity
- eating a reasonable eating regimen wealthy in foods grown from the ground
Treatment Procedures at Vinita Health Hospital
Usually, the treatment of diabetic foot begins with careful skin and foot care. Inspecting the skin is very important, especially for people who are prone to diabetes. Detecting and treating foot and toe sores at the earliest by visiting the best diabetic foot care hospital in Chennai can help you prevent infection and keep the sore from becoming worse.
The goal of treating toe or foot ulcers is to heal the wound and relieve the pain. Your treatment plan in Vinita Health Hospital will be individualized based on the medical condition that causes ulcers.
There are both surgical and nonsurgical treatments provided in this best diabetic foot care hospital in Chennai. For early-stage diabetic foot and toe ulcers, nonsurgical treatments may work. But for more advanced or complex diabetic foot or toe ulcers it requires surgery.
The Nonsurgical treatments provided in the best diabetic foot care hospital in Chennai are:
- Antiplatelet or anti clotting medications.
- Topical wound care.
- Compression clothes.
- Removing pressure from the area by wearing certain shoes, casts, or braces.
- You might need to use a wheelchair or crutches.
- Elevation of the foot.
The Invasive and surgical treatments in the best diabetic foot care hospital in Chennai include:
- Hammertoe repair.
- Achilles tendon lengthening – stretching of the tendon.
- Debridement – removal of infected tissue.
- Tenotomy – removal of scar tissue.
- Plantar exostectomy – removal of parts of the sole of the foot.
- Shaving or removing bones.
- Metatarsal osteotomies – metatarsal bone of big toe is cut and realigned.
- Reconstructive surgery using skin grafts is done for patients with severity of the diabetic foot in the best diabetic foot care hospital in Chennai.
Precautionary Measures for Diabetic Foot
If you are prone to diabetes, circulation problems, damaged nerves, and infections, then you have to get a complete care to your feet from the best diabetic foot surgeon in Chennai else it can lead to serious foot problems.
The podiatrist can prevent serious foot problems in this best diabetic foot care hospital in Chennai by providing the best diabetic foot care regimen to follow in your daily routines. Some of the few foot care habits to make the diabetic foot care effective and to maintain healthy feet include:
- Check your toes and feet regularly, by carefully looking in the sides, tops, heels, soles, and the area in between the toes. Contact the best diabetic foot surgeon in Chennai immediately if you witness any sores, cuts, blisters, redness, or bruises on your feet.
- Use warm water with mild soap to rinse your feet. Do not use hot water and harsh soaps because it can damage your skin as suggested in the best diabetic foot care hospital in Chennai.
- You can check the water temperature with your fingers or elbow before stepping on your feet. If you have diabetes, it is difficult to sense the temperature of water with your feet.
- Moisturize the feet if you experience any dryness as it can be a preventive measure for any further infections.
- Dry the feet well because infections can develop in the moist areas, and also ensure to dry the area between toes well.
Moreover, you should also consider the important measures before approaching the best diabetic foot care hospital in Chennai.
- Check the blood sugar levels frequently
- Maintain a proper diet
- Maintain proper weight
- Avoid alcohol intake or smoking
- Select the shoes wisely
- Wear foot-friendly socks
- Take medications without delay
- Keep your feet hydrated
- Avoid walking in barefoot
- Trim your nails
- Manage your diabetes
If you or your family members have diabetes, it is vital to visit the best diabetic foot care hospital in Chennai regularly. You should also keep in mind to immediately consult with the diabetic foot care specialist in Chennai from the Vinita Health Hospital if you find an ulcer on your foot or toe. The experts can treat your ulcer with advanced procedures, especially by detecting it early. If left untreated, there are chances of serious complications.
Read also Best Kidney Stone Hospital in Chennai