The increasing prevalence of diabetes is amongst the growing population especially in elderly people who deal with multiple conditions. The development of new treatments and technologies are based on the patient’s expectations which has led to a dynamic change of diabetes care in the diabetology hospital in Chennai.
At Vinita Health Hospital our experts are dedicated to addressing this problem with cutting-edge diabetology services involving equipment used for early screening, providing best treatment procedures for patients’ cure and teaching the diabetic patients to manage the disease by creating awareness and counselling.
The diabetology hospital in Chennai completely recognizes the need for local services to prioritize standard care and efficiency so that patients with diabetes have access to the full range of diabetes skills and expertise.
Our highly skilled and committed diabetic consultant team at Vinita Health Hospital deliver a greater amount of routine diabetes care, that includes much of the day-to-day support for many people with diabetes.
The multidisciplinary specialist diabetes team comprises skilled healthcare professionals (Diabetologists, diabetes educator, dieticians, ophthalmologist, podiatrist, diabetes-specific nurses and other related specialists to remain the hub and spoke of high-quality care for all.
We focus on a holistic approach offering patient-focused care in this best diabetes hospital in Chennai since we believe people with diabetes and its effects should be supported by making necessary lifestyle changes and empowered to care for themselves, wherever possible, through the provision of collaborative care planning along with effective education.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is a group of metabolic disorders by which a person has high levels of blood sugar either because of the improper functioning of the pancreas or because of cells that are unresponsive to the insulin produced.
Its complications are disabling, sometimes life threatening, and include vision impairment, nerve damage, heart disease, kidney damage, foot damage, and more. The department of diabetology in the best diabetology hospital in Chennai offers the latest therapeutic advances for the management and prevention of both Type 1 & 2 Diabetes.
Who is a Diabetologist?
The diabetologist is a medical expert who provides comprehensive treatment for diabetes. He/she generally coordinates between the podiatrists, diabetic educators, ophthalmologists, renal physicians and nurses to educate, treat and monitor a patient. Usually, the best diabetes hospital in Chennai treats the patients involving medications either orally or through Insulin injections.
What Medical Conditions Do Diabetologists Treat?
The diabetologist treats different variations of diabetes as it can vary from person to person depending on the age factor, type of the disease and medical condition of the patient. Some of the medical conditions treated by the best diabetologist Chennai include
- Diabetes Type I
- Diabetes Type II
- Treatment for diabetes
- Treatment of diabetes involving a multidisciplinary team.
- Complications of diabetes
The major tests performed in the diabetology hospital in Chennai at Vinita Health Hospital is to diagnose diabetes with the common tests like:
- FPG (Fasting Plasma Glucose) Test – This is a typical procedure. The patient who undergoes this test should have eaten anything at least before eight hours of the test. The diabetes specialist Chennai will also detect pre-diabetes in this test.
- OGTT (Oral Glucose Tolerance Test) Blood Test – Blood sugar is measured using the OGTT after a patient has fasted for eight hours. After drawing blood, he/she will be given a glucose-containing beverage. This test is performed at the diabetology hospital in Chennai after two hours of having the drink.
- Random Plasma Glucose Tests – In a random plasma glucose test, the level of the blood sugar is tested regardless of when the patient ate the meal.
Other Diagnostic Tests Include:
- Doppler and ABI measurement
- Echo and cardiac autonomic neuropathy screening
- Filament testing
- HCP study
- Renal ultrasonography
- Hormone testing
- Thyroid biopsy
- Microalbuminuria renal function tests
Treatment and Services Offered at Vinita Health Hospital
The advanced treatment procedures and comprehensive services provided in this diabetology hospital in Chennai include:
- Assessment of complications and associated conditions
- Glucose assessment & control
- Weight reduction in diabetes
- Diabetes (Type 1 & Type 2)
- Gestational diabetes
- Childhood diabetes
- Obesity in diabetes
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Diabetic nephropathy
- Diabetic foot
- Diabetes with hypertension
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Lifestyle advice
- Dietary guidance (Patient education and counselling services)
What’s the association among diabetes and kidney stones?
Diabetes is a condition where your body doesn’t deliver sufficient insulin or can’t utilize it appropriately. Insulin is vital to managing glucose levels. High glucose can create issues in any piece of your body, including your kidney stone treatment.
In the event that you have type 2 diabetes, you might have exceptionally acidic pee. That increases your gamble of creating kidney stones in a kidney stone hospital.
Why Vinita Health Hospital?
Our goal at this best diabetology hospital is to encourage patients to receive early specialty care and education and also get them on the right track with their diabetes management before sending them to their primary care physicians for ongoing treatment.
- Since diabetes affects the blood vessels and nerves of the foot more commonly leading to foot ulcer and loss of the limb subsequently, amputations among diabetic patients are very high due to barefoot walking and poor foot care especially among the poor. We screen patients daily with help of advanced instruments such as Bio- thesiometer and doppler to detect peripheral vascular disease or neuropathy along with educating them in proper foot care.
- Trained surgeons from the plastic surgery department in this best diabetes hospital in Chennai take care of wound treatment and ulcer management.
- Our diabetes specialist Chennai conducts routine screening for nephropathy, amyotrophy, retinopathy, diabetic gastroparesis, and other diabetic complications.
- We also offer diabetes podiatry services for the feet before the emergence of foot ulcers. The feet are cared for in this best diabetology hospital in Chennai, by trimming the nails, corns, removal of calluses, etc.
- Patients with diabetes are routinely screened by the diabetes specialist Chennai for cardiac disease using baseline ECG and serum cholesterol so that proper treatment can be initiated.
- We have 24-hour laboratory facilities to undertake all types of biochemical tests like apo protean studies, lipid profile, blood sugar estimation etc.
- We offer diagnostic insulin pump classes, continuous glucose monitoring evaluation, and initiation.
- Patients with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes or high-risk patients with diabetes (i.e diabetics who experienced a heart attack or underwent bypass surgery recently), can also be treated in our diabetology department for seamless, and intensive management of their disease.
- Our best diabetology hospital in Chennai admits diabetic emergencies in the ICCU. Women suffering from diabetes are closely monitored to keep their blood sugar levels in check, in case of planning to conceive or are pregnant.
If you or your loved one is in need of proper diabetic care, you can approach Vinita Health Hospital as our experts in this best diabetology hospital in Chennai offer extensive medical procedures to outbound and inbound patients by working together to help all our patients for a speedy recovery.
Read also Dialysis Hospital in Chennai