Choosing from the best diabetologist in Chennai for a sophisticated treatment can be a cruical task in everyone’s life as each one of us are in need of health care at some point or another. Vinita Hospital has a team of experts who are specialized in the diagnosis, and treatment of diabetes.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes or Diabetes Mellitus is a metabolic disease in which a person’s blood sugar or blood glucose level gets permanently elevated. Over time, if there is too much glucose in the blood it can cause severe health problems for a patient.
Although, diabetes has no cure, you can take necessary steps like approaching a top diabetologist in Chennai who can help you to manage your diabetes with a proper treatment plan.
Types of Diabetes
The most common types of diabetes that are treated by the best diabetologists in Chennai include:
- Type 1 diabetes – This is usually diagnosed among children and young adults where the human body does not make insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes – This is usually diagnosed for any age groups where the human body does not make insulin or use insulin well.
- Gestational diabetes – This develops in some when they are pregnant. It can sometimes be type 2 diabetes where the patient has to get a prompt treatment.
- Other types of diabetes – These are rare types or inherited forms like monogenic diabetes and cystic fibrosis-related diabetes.
Symptoms of Diabetes
If you come across any of the below-mentioned symptoms, it is essential to visit the famous diabetologist in Chennai to get a proper treatment.
- Feeling thirsty most often.
- Frequent urination.
- Unintentional weight loss.
- Mood swings.
- Having blurry vision.
- Infections in the gum, skin, or vagina.
- Having slow-healing sores.
When to See a Diabetologist?
When your primary doctor recommends you to approach the diabetologist or when you experience the symptoms of diabetes that turn about to be severe, you have to seek medical attention with the diabetologists in Chennai.
Moreover, if left untreated, it can cause lead to other severe complications like stroke, heart disease, kidney disease, dental disease, eye problems, foot problems, nerve damage, etc.
Check out the Best Diabetic Foot Care Hospital in Chennai.
Diagnosis for Diabetes
Diabetes is diagnosed and managed to check the glucose level in a blood test. These include three tests to measure a diabetic patient’s blood glucose level.
- Fasting plasma glucose test.
- Random plasma glucose test.
- HbA1C or glycated hemoglobin test.
- Oral glucose tolerance test.
- Gestational diabetes test.
Sometimes, the top diabetologist in Chennai may recommend a urine test to check the presence of ketones, especially for patients with type 1 diabetes.
The treatments that are usually recommended by the famous diabetologist in Chennai is to keep a healthy weight through a proper nutritious diet and regular exercise plan or physical activity. Sometimes, when a patient has type 1 and type 2 diabetes and are in need to control the blood sugar levels within the normal range, the sugar doctors may treat,
- Type 1 diabetes with insulin, type 1 diabetes diet and exercise.
- Type 2 diabetes is treated with weight reduction, exercise, type 2 diabetes diet, diabetes medications (oral or injected) to control the elevated sugars.
- Other diabetes with insulin when all the other medications become ineffective.
The Best Diabetologist in Chennai
If you or your loved ones are prone to diabetes, then you can consult the top diabetologist in Chennai at Vinita Hospital.
Dr. Pradeep Selvaraj
MBBS., MD., PGDCD., CCGDM
Dr. Pradeep Selvaraj is one of the clinical diabetologists in Chennai having 12 years of experience in the field of diabetology. He ensures to prevent and treat the patients who are prone to type 1 diabetes, gestational diabetes, type 2 diabetes, and all other complications related to diabetes, etc. using advanced treatment options.
Dr. G. Ramya
MBBS., DNB., M. Med., FID (UK)
Dr. G. Ramya is a famous diabetologist in Chennai who provides preventive health care to the diabetic patients. She has 13 years of expertise in the medical field and treats the diabetic patients with a personalized treatment plan.
At Vinita Hospital, you can expect a quality care as it is equipped with the best diabetologists in Chennai who are highly skilled to provide the state-of-the-art treatments to help you lead a healthy lifestyle.
Read also Best Physiotherapist in Chennai.