Dialysis is a treatment that is indicated for individuals who are prone to end-stage kidney disease or whose kidneys are failing. There are two types of dialysis, haemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis, where both perform normal kidney functions (i.e.) filtering waste and excess fluid (urea, acids, and creatinine) from the blood.
Getting dialysis treatment from the best hospital for dialysis in Chennai like the Vinita Hospital would be highly beneficial for the patients as the experts here help the patients to find the best treatment options that suit them depending on the patient’s health condition and severity of the kidney disease.
What is Dialysis? (Best Hospital for Dialysis in Chennai)
Dialysis is a treatment provided at the best hospital for dialysis in Chennai for patients whose kidneys are failing. When a patient is prone to kidney failure, their kidneys don’t filter blood the way they should. As a result, toxins and waste build up in the bloodstream. To overcome this, a procedure of dialysis is used as it does the work of the failed kidneys by removing the excess waste products and fluids from the blood.
What are the Types of Dialysis and Treatment Procedures?
They are of two kinds: The haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis
It is a type of dialysis where an artificial kidney (called hemodialyzer) is used at the best dialysis hospital in Chennai to remove toxins, electrolytes (bicarbonate, potassium) & excessive fluid from the body.
For this, the doctor at the best hospital for dialysis in Chennai does a small surgery in either leg or arm, to get access to the patient’s blood vessels. Sometimes, the access is made by connecting an artery to a vein under the skin called the AV fistula. If the fistula is not made, the doctor may use a plastic tube to complete the process which is the AV graft.
Benefits: The most important benefits of haemodialysis are that trained and experienced kidney care professionals administer treatment in the best hospital for dialysis in Chennai and there is an opportunity to interact with other patients and staff. It requires a patient to spend about 3 to 4 hours (at least twice a week), with a reasonable dialysis cost in Chennai, to undergo dialysis, during which they can watch television, read books, use a laptop, talk to others, etc.
This type of dialysis is performed in the best hospital for dialysis in Chennai where the patient’s blood gets cleaned using a specialized fluid that is kept inside the abdominal cavity. Here the doctor performs surgery to insert the catheter (a thin plastic tube) into the belly and fills the abdominal area with dialysate fluid, excess wastes and fluid are then extracted out of the blood into the dialysate via filtration, diffusion, and convection gradients.
It significantly differs from haemodialysis in the way of filtering the blood. The abdominal lining or the peritoneum acts as a filter to remove waste products and toxins from the blood. After a certain period of time, the fluid with the filtered waste products gets emptied out of the abdomen.
Benefits: Peritoneal dialysis can be performed at home, during work, or even while traveling. This form of dialysis requires the patients to care for themselves or they may be in need of a reliable caregiver from the best hospital for dialysis in Chennai.
What are the Reasons to Visit a Dialysis Center?
There can be various reasons for patients to visit the best dialysis center in Chennai. Some of them that need immediate medical assistance from the healthcare provider include:
1. Difficulty in urinating.
2. Nausea or vomiting.
3. Dehydration, dizziness, fainting, or other signs of low blood pressure.
4. Signs of infection (fever or oozing, redness at the catheter site, or AV fistula).
5. Severe pain in the abdomen.
6. The unusual bulge in the groin (hernia) or abdomen.
If you experience any of the above mentioned symptoms, it is a must to visit the Best Hospital for Dialysis in Chennai like the Vinita Hospital to get instant care.
When Should You Visit a Dialysis Hospital?
People who have end-stage renal disease or kidney failure may need to visit the best dialysis center in Chennai for dialysis. Injuries and conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, and lupus can damage the kidneys, which can lead to kidney disease.
Some people are prone to kidney problems for no known reason. Kidney failure is a long-term condition, or it can come suddenly (acute kidney disease) after a severe illness or injury.
There are five stages of kidney disease and the fifth stage is very severe. The health care providers at the best hospital for dialysis in Chennai consider it to be an end-stage renal disease or kidney failure. At this point, kidneys carry about 10% -15% of their normal function. You may require a kidney transplant or dialysis to stay alive. Some people still undergo dialysis while waiting for a kidney transplant.
Why Vinita Hospital?
Vinita Hospital offers a state-of-the-art, flexible, and personal approach to dialysis treatments.
1. This best hospital for dialysis in Chennai has been designed to make sure that patients get comfort and safety during their sessions.
2. Adjustable beds, tables, oxygen and vacuum ports, and other advanced facilities are coupled with personalized care in our best dialysis center in Chennai.
3. The machines used here offer efficiency and safety of all important treatment modalities within the scope of dialysis.
4. They are also equipped with advanced disinfection and cleaning programs. All our experts here ensure that patients have to get the best possible treatment with a reasonable dialysis cost in Chennai.
The other highlights at Vinita Hospital include:
- High-quality dialysis services around the clock.
- Cutting-edge Fresenius machines.
- RO water satisfies AAMI standards.
- Separate and well-differentiated time slots are maintained in this best hospital for dialysis in Chennai for both outpatients and inpatients.
- Segregated wash areas and dedicated machines for hepatitis patients.
- Bedside dialysis (ICU) is designed especially for critically ill patients.
- Dialysis facilities address the needs of patients of all age groups especially children & elderly.
- A well-knit automated system of providing appointments to patients in prior.
- Soundproof Treatment Rooms are present in this best hospital for dialysis in Chennai.
To conclude, Vinita Hospital has a renowned team of experts to perform all types of dialysis at an affordable dialysis cost in Chennai. If you wish to experience unique care with innovative treatments, you can visit this best hospital for dialysis in Chennai as we aim to provide comprehensive care for both young patients and adults with kidney problems of any magnitude.
Read also Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in Chennai.