The Department of Urology in Chennai at Vinita Health Hospital provides facilities for a wide range of basic to specialized urological investigations and treatment procedures with first-class expertise in all aspects of urological care. This best urology hospital in Chennai is one of the few centres that offers highly specialized tests such as template prostate biopsy and video urodynamics.
We have also introduced steroid-free immunosuppression in renal transplant surgeries that significantly reduce the risk of steroid-induced infective complications.
What are Urological Diseases?
The urinary tract is the human body’s drainage system for the excretion of urine. Urine which is a by-product of the fluid and food we consume gets eliminated by the kidneys during the process of blood filtration. This process is carried out by the urinary tract that includes the ureters, kidneys, and bladder.
To urinate adequately, the urinary tract has to work together in the proper order. Urologic conditions include prostate issues, stones in the urinary tract, kidney stones, bladder control problems, and infections of the urinary tract.
Conditions Treated Under the Department of Urology
There are many common urological conditions which have to be treated by the best urology hospital in Chennai like the Vinita Health Hospital. Some of them include:
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Bladder cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Bladder prolapses
- Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive bladder
- Haematuria (blood in the urine)
- Interstitial cystitis (painful bladder syndrome)
- Prostatitis (swelling in the prostate gland)
Also, some children are also prone to urological conditions and the best urologist in Chennai treats the conditions that include:
- Posterior urethral valve
- Undescended testicles
- Pelvic urethral junction obstruction
Reasons to Visit a Urologist
There are many reasons to check with the urologist in Chennai when you experience the symptoms such as:
- Blood in the urine
- Poor Bladder control
- Painful urination
- Pain in the sides, groin, or lower abdomen
- Fallen bladder protrusion
- Lower back pain
- Prostate Diseases
All these symptoms can be hard to detect, but if you visit the best urology hospital in Chennai like the Vinita Health Hospital, you can get a clear picture regarding the cause of the disorder with a proper diagnosis. Once the diagnosis is confirmed with any detection of abnormalities, you may need a comprehensive urology treatment from the best urologist in Chennai without any delay.
Diagnosis and Treatment Procedures
Effective diagnosis which are done at the best urology hospital in Chennai include the following:
- Initial Examination of the Patient – The urologist in Chennai will collect the medical history and information that comes associated with the patient’s condition. They will examine the patient’s physical condition and make sure that the organs and lymph nodes are in proper condition.
- Laboratory Examination – This includes blood and urine tests to make sure the kidneys and bladder are in a good condition.
- Urodynamic Testing – This modern form of examination is done with a purpose to determine the functions of the urinary system.
- Endoscope Examinations – The urologist in Chennai will use a special instrument called an endoscope, which aids to have a careful examination at the internal surface of the genitourinary system.
- Ultrasound Diagnostics – This is one of the most effective methods used at the best urology hospital in Chennai for testing of urologic diseases. The main benefits are the absence of contrasting agents where there is no need to depend on the results of functional kidney stone treatment.
Treating Urinary Problems
Urinary problems usually occur when the urinary tract is infected by pathogens like viruses, fungi, and bacteria. Usually, generic urology diseases are treated under the department of urology in Chennai by antibiotics because they are mostly caused by infections.
It’s important to keep yourself hydrated by intaking plenty of fluids because it can help you feel better. If the symptoms don’t cure with medication, then there can be an underlying problem and the best urologist in Chennai may recommend intense forms of treatments like:
Surgical Procedures in Urology
The urologists in Chennai are well- trained to perform different types of surgery that include:
- Biopsies of the kidneys, bladder, or prostate.
- Kidney transplant to replace a diseased or damaged kidney with a healthy one
- Comprehensive procedure to open a blockage.
- Cystectomy to remove the bladder for treating the cancer.
- Extracorporeal shock-wave lithotripsy to break up kidney stones for easy removal.
- Repairing the damage due to injury.
- Repair or reconstruction of urinary organs which aren’t well-formed.
- Prostatectomy is conducted at the best urology hospital in Chennai to remove a part or all of the prostate gland for treating the prostate cancer.
- Sling procedure for treating urinary incontinence where strips of mesh are used to support the urethra.
- Ureteroscopy for removing stones from the ureter and kidneys.
- Vasectomy is performed at the best urology hospital in Chennai to prevent pregnancy. It involves tying and cutting the vas deferens or tube sperm travel through to produce the semen.
- Transurethral resection and Transurethral needle ablation of the prostate to remove excess tissue from an enlarged prostate.
Services and Facilities
The services and facilities offered at the Vinita Health Hospital under the department of urology in Chennai include:
- Psychosexual counselling and medical treatments
- Penile straightening surgery
- Penile prosthetic surgery
- Microscopic surgery for infertility
- Artificial urinary sphincter insertion.
- Evaluation with video urodynamic.
- Intravesical botulinum toxin injections under local anaesthesia.
- Treating recurrent urinary tract infections.
- Minimally invasive surgical procedures for stress incontinence.
- Endoscopic ureteric and renal stone surgery using laser keyhole surgery.
- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty.
- Bladder augmentation and neobladder reconstruction.
- Buccal mucosa urethroplasty for urethral strictures.
- Kidney Cancer – Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy and Laparoscopic Nephrectomy.
- Testis Cancer – (RPLND) Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection.
- Prostate Cancer – Radical Prostatectomy.
- Penile Cancer – dynamic Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy and Penile Conserving Surgeries with Reconstruction.
There are many urologic diseases where some of them are easier to prevent. All you need is to get a comprehensive treatment from the best urology hospital in Chennai like the Best Kidney Stone Hospital in Chennai where appropriate care is given at the right time. Some preventive measures to be taken under the urology in Chennai include:
- Timely treatment of infectious diseases especially in the genital area.
- Wearing clothes made from natural fabric like cotton and silk, to avoid the risk of skin irritations.
- Avoiding stress, overwork, and dehydration.
- Managing blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
- Following a proper hygiene in your sexual life.
- Visiting the best urology hospital in Chennai at least twice a year for routine check-ups and examinations.
- A nutritious diet including plenty of carbohydrates, dairy products, vegetables, fruits, and nuts. Salt intake should be less, and processed food should be avoided.
- Taking time to meditate and perform yoga.
- Having regular walks and a good sleep.
- Complete rejection of alcohol and smoking.
- Avoiding OTC painkillers as much as possible.
- Staying hydrated by having at least two litres of water per day.
Thus, Vinita Health Hospital has the best department of urology in Chennai equipped with the best urologists to enhance their capability by aiding the patients to get the most advanced treatments. Also, this best urology hospital in Chennai has also pioneered many novel approaches to surgery that have become the current quality of care.
Read also Best Nephrology Hospital in Chennai