Orthopaedics is a medical speciality that deals with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of conditions that affect the musculoskeletal system, which includes the bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and nerves. To manage conditions the best orthopaedic doctor in Chennai provides various treatments to help the patients relieve pain, improve mobility, and enhance their overall quality of life.
Who is an Orthopaedic Doctor?
An orthopaedic doctor is synonymous with an orthopaedic surgeon. This medical expert diagnoses and uses non-surgical or surgical methods to treat a wide range of conditions, such as fractures, arthritis, sports injuries, and degenerative diseases.
Furthermore, they also possess cutting-edge imaging and treatment technologies, enhancing their ability to deliver precise diagnoses and effective treatments.
Indications that You Should See an Orthopaedic Doctor
You should see an ortho doctor Chennai if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Continuous pain or discomfort affects your bones, joints, or muscles.
- Limited range of motion or stiffness in your joints.
- Difficulty performing daily activities or tasks due to pain or mobility issues.
- Swelling or bruising around a joint or injury site.
- Indications of infection, like fever, redness, or warmth near a joint or injury area.
- A recent injury to a bone, joint, or muscle that is not improving with rest and self-care.
- Long-term conditions such as arthritis, osteoporosis, or repetitive strain injuries necessitate continual care and treatment.
Should you encounter any of these symptoms or conditions, it is advisable to schedule an assessment and treatment with a top orthopaedic specialist in Chennai.
Diagnostic Procedures of Orthopaedic Doctor
There are a variety of diagnostic procedures to evaluate and diagnose conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. Some common diagnostic procedures include:
- Physical examination
- Imaging tests
- Electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction studies (NCS)
- Bone scans
- Blood tests
- Joint aspiration
These are just a few examples of the diagnostic procedures used by the best orthopaedic doctor in Chennai. The specific tests and procedures used will depend on the patient’s symptoms and condition.
Treatment Procedures Handled by Orthopaedic Doctor
The ortho doctor Chennai uses a variety of treatment procedures to manage and treat conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. Some common treatment procedures include:
- Medications: Medications such as pain relievers, anti-inflammatory drugs, or corticosteroids are prescribed to help manage pain and inflammation.
- Physical Therapy: Orthopaedists may refer patients to a physical therapist who can develop a personalized exercise program to help improve strength, flexibility, and mobility.
- Bracing or Casting: Braces, casts, or splints are used to immobilize and protect injured areas while they heal.
- Injections: The best orthopaedic doctor in Chennai may use injections of medications such as corticosteroids or hyaluronic acid to help manage pain and inflammation in joints.
- Surgery: This is recommended for patients if they are in need of repair or replacement of damaged joints, tendons, or ligaments or to correct deformities or injuries.
- Orthotics: Custom-made devices, such as shoe inserts or braces are prescribed by ortho doctors to help support and correct alignment issues.
- Regenerative Medicine: Regenerative treatments, such as platelet-rich plasma (PRP) or stem cell therapy are used to promote the healing and regeneration of damaged tissues.
All the specific treatments recommended depend on the patient’s condition and individual needs.
Check out the Best Orthopaedic Hospital in Chennai.
Specializations of Orthopaedics
- Joint Replacement Surgery: Specializing in the replacement of damaged joints, such as knee or hip replacements.
- Sports Medicine: Focused on treating injuries related to sports and physical activities.
- Spine Surgery: Specializing in surgical interventions for spinal conditions and disorders.
- Pediatric Orthopaedics: Concentrating on musculoskeletal issues in children.
- Trauma Surgery: Dealing with orthopaedic injuries resulting from accidents or trauma.
- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery: Specializing in conditions affecting the hands, wrists, and upper limbs.
Best Orthopaedic Doctor in Chennai
Your orthopaedic doctor will communicate with your healthcare provider regarding the family history, diagnosis and treatment procedures. At Vinita Hospital, we provide efficient care with some of the best orthopaedic doctors. They include:
- Dr. Subramanian (MBBS, MS Ortho, FRCS) – He is the senior consultant and is a renowned orthopaedist in Chennai. He has an expertise of more than 13 years in orthopaedic surgery. He specializes in total knee replacement surgery, ankle & foot surgery, total hip replacement surgery, trauma surgery, and other surgeries of the musculoskeletal system.
- Dr. Manikkavelayutham (MBBS, MS – Orthopaedics) – He is a consultant and the best orthopaedic doctor in Chennai who is widely acclaimed in the field of trauma and joint replacement surgery. He has 20 years of experience in advanced fracture management, joint replacement, and deformity correction.
- Dr. Sundar Kumar B (MBBS, MS Ortho) – Dr. Sundar Kumar B stands out as a highly regarded Orthopedic Surgeon based in Chennai. With an educational background that includes an MBBS and MS ORTHO, he has accumulated over 15 years of invaluable experience in the field of orthopedic surgery. Dr. Sundar Kumar B is not only skilled in medical practice but also excels in effective communication with patients, conversing fluently in both English and Hindi.
If you’re looking for the best orthopaedic doctor in Chennai, approaching Vinita Hospital would be the best as countless patients here have received sophisticated treatment with the cutting-edge techniques for an accelerated or rapid recovery.
Read also Best Urology Hospital in Chennai.